Blackwater Valley Countryside Trust
Established in October 2006 the Blackwater Valley Countryside Trust is a registered charity open to all, which promotes the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment
of the Blackwater Valley. Their aims are to:
- Look after and improve the Valley’s greenspaces and wildlife.
- Encourage more volunteers to get involved with all aspects of the Valley’s management.
- Promote public access to the countryside.
- Teach the value of conservation to people of all ages.
The Trust supports the work of the Blackwater Valley Countryside Partnership and since their formation have supported a variety of projects. During the last year 2008/9 these have included:
- Frimley Hatches Improvement Project, funded by DEFRA’s Aggregate Levy Sustainability Fund (ASLF).
- Health & Safety training project in collaboration with Zurich Life Assurance. Several conservation volunteer groups in the Valley benefited from the training courses offered through the project.
- Path Access Project run by the Partnership which included the Moor Green Lakes Bridleway. The Trust was a third party contribtuor giving £2,500 to the project.
- Donated £350 towards the cost of promotional postcards to mark the 30th anniversary of the BVCP.
- Donated £450 towards to the Berkshire Bird Group for their Atlas project.
At the time of their AGM in 2010 membership comprised:
- 137 Household Members
- 4 Affiliated Members.
- 1 Corporate member
- 1 Associated member
Become a member
Join the Blackwater Valley Countryside Trust and help support their essential conservation work and ongoing educational programme. As a member you’ll receive information on:
- Guided walks.
- Organised talks.
- A newsletter.
- Details of volunteering opportunities.
You will also have the knowledge that your contribution will help to ensure that the conservation and education work within the Blackwater Valley continues.
How much does it cost?
Anyone can become a member of the BVC Trust, with annual membership starting from 1st October each year.
- Household membership costs just £5 pa.
- Corporate Membership costs £100 pa.
- Donations are always welcome.
If you’re interested in joining please email for an Application Form.
Find out more
Visit the Trust website.
Company registered number: 04898996
Charity registered number: 1109424