Work in the Blackwater Valley is co-ordinated by the Blackwater Valley Countryside Partnership on behalf of the local authorities that border the Valley. Our headquarters at Ash Lock Cottage in Aldershot is pictured on the right.
Our general aims for the Valley are as follows:
- Maintenance of the Valley as an open gap with enhanced landscape
- Wildlife conservation
- Improved quality of the River Blackwater
- Recreation and access as the major use of the Valley
- Co-ordination of recreation and conservation initiatives
- Use of the Valley for sustainable transport links